Ice-O-Matic: Start-Up, Installation and Maintenance Manual
Choosing an Ice-O-Matic from Celco for your business is an exciting step in taking your business to the next level. We are ready to help you get it set up so that you can begin reaping the benefits of clear, clean ice. While there are many steps that must be followed to guarantee the most efficient use of your ice maker, the three main phases are start-up, installation, and maintenance. While there is an in-depth manual for each phase, we have gotten you started by providing basic tips for you to keep in mind.
Once you have chosen to purchase your very own Ice-O-Matic ice machine, you are probably excited to get it started. First is the installation process to ensure it is set up for success.
Installation of all Ice-O-Matic ice machines should be performed by an Ice-O-Matic trained service technician for optimized results, as well as a reduced number of repairs or services in the future.
Your service technician will assist you with all components of installation, such as operating temperature, incoming water supply, drains, clearance requirements, electrical specifications, and any adjustments required for maximum efficiency.
The following are the basic start-up steps to follow:
· Make sure the ice machine is level within 1/8 inch in all directions.
· Verify the proper voltage, water supply, drainage, and breathable air supply for the machine.
· Press and quickly release the ON/OFF button behind the unit front panel.
· The indicator light should change from solid red to solid blue in color.
· Check the operation of each component through the cycle of ice making, as explained in the provided start-up and maintenance manual.
Once your ice maker is up and running, you should be off to the races! However, basic maintenance for your ice machine is important to ensure it has a long and happy lifespan. If the following maintenance is not prioritized, you may experience larger, more costly issues that will render your ice machine unusable for a period of time. Take care of your business by taking care of your kitchen equipment!
· Regular cleaning: You should clean your ice maker at least once every six months to remove the limescale and any mineral deposits that collect over time.
· Sanitization: The sanitizing process is meant to destroy any harmful microorganisms, such as yeast, mold, bacteria, or fungus, that may be present in your Ice-O-Matic machine. Sanitize the machine only after it has been cleaned for greatest effectiveness.
· Check room temperature: The temperature of the room that houses your Ice-O-Matic ice machine is imperative to the effectiveness of the machine. Check regularly whether the temperature is accurate and adjust accordingly.
· Keep the machine level: Many issues can arise if the ice maker is not level, such as less ice produced than normal or leakages. Ensuring the machine remains level is a small task that prevents bigger issues from occurring.
If you are ever unsure about a form of basic maintenance, it is best to check with an Ice-O-Matic by Celco maintenance or service worker to avoid any unnecessary damage.
Celco Can Help!
When it comes to working with your Ice-O-Matic, we can help. From start-up to installation to any issues you are experiencing, our representatives are ready to lend a helping hand so you can experience the magic of this amazing ice maker.
Contact us today with any questions you may have.